At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
We welcome driven and skilled individuals from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
If this sounds like the place where you would like to grow your career, we are currently seeking a Quality Control Coordinator to join our team. This position will work closely with the Quality Control Manager to assist in supporting data collection, training, and monitoring quality on various multi-family construction projects, across all phases of development, construction to occupancy.
What you will be doing:
- Travel to and work on various construction sites to:
- Evaluate and verify completed site tasks and ensure inspections have been completed to quality standards;
- Observe and build understanding of work processes and challenges, in order to incorporate solutions into QC specifications and process;
- Conduct regular field inspections and collect progress photos at various project schedule milestones;
- Document inspection details, completing required management reporting to ensure that all issues and risks are communicated in a timely manner;
- Perform training on quality systems including software and tasks, processes or tools to assist in process and procedure being followed;
- Participates in preconstruction start-up meetings with subtrades and suppliers to inform them of the project quality requirements;
- Assist in determining site readiness for transfer to Property Management and occupancy;
- Perform final inspection at the end of the project and help site staff to complete the work to ensure we are turning over a complete and quality product to the client;
- Perform pre delivery inspections with the client;
- Act as a resource to others by staying current on any changes to legislation and building code which may affect QC standards and process;
- Schedule and monitor QC system training sessions for trades and company personnel, acting as the key contact for third parties and overseeing coordination of training planning;
- All other duties, as assigned.
What you need to bring:
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in a Quality Control position is required;
- General knowledge of core elements of a construction project and construction assembly, including systems, practices, and processes of quality management systems;
- Ability to safely navigate an active multi-family, multi-story construction site through all phases of construction.
Extras we like to see:
- You have obtained or are working towards achieving Building Inspection Certification;
- Completion of the BCIT “BC Building Code: Multi Unit and Small Buildings” course is an asset;
- Familiarity with digital data collect software is an asset.
Is this the right role for you?
- You have good presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills;
- You are Proficient with MS Office Suite of products including MS Project;
- You have the ability to safely navigate an active multi-family, multi-story construction site through all phases of construction.
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Warranty Coordinator”.
What do we offer you?
Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. We want to offer an opportunity to someone who is passionate not only about building quality apartment buildings, but a chance to build communities that make a lasting impact. We provide a competitive salary based on experience in addition to the below:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development opportunities
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.