At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
We welcome driven and skilled individuals from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
We are currently seeking an experienced Warranty Manager to oversee the daily operations of the Warranty Department to ensure that service requests are fulfilled. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply!
What you will be doing:
- Manage Warranty team through ongoing performance management, development, coaching, and attracting and retaining strong performers;
- Implement and update warranty policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to stay in line with WestUrban’s guidelines;
- Interacting with clients & customers directly with their warranty requests;
- Train & support the Quality Control team on warranty policies & procedures, inclusive of claim submission, required documentation, processing & reconciliation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with trade partners. Includes identifying opportunities for improvement, and regularly communicating with external stakeholders;
- Work closely with internal departments and proactively communicate opportunities for improvement.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of 3 years in a warranty management role in the construction industry;
- Strong computer skills;
- General knowledge and familiarity with terms of trade contracts;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
Extras we like to see:
- College diploma or a combination of post-secondary education and experience;
- Experience managing warranty within the multi-family construction industry.
Is this the right role for you?
- You have Exceptional people leadership skills;
- You have the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage variable workloads;
- You are customer serviced focused with the ability to resolve problems effectively;
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced work environment;
- You have the ability to manage conflict and problem solve.
What do we offer you?
Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. We want to offer an opportunity to someone who is passionate not only about building quality apartment buildings, but a chance to build communities that make a lasting impact. We provide a competitive salary based on experience in addition to the below:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development opportunities
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.