At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
We welcome driven and skilled individuals from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
We are looking for an experienced Warranty Coordinator to join our Warranty team. Working closely with the Warranty Manager this role will process warranty claims and assist clients through the entire claims process, perform inspections and walkthroughs of various multi-family construction projects, self-complete corrections when possible and generate status reports towards outstanding and completed work. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply!
What you will be doing:
- Process warranty claims and assist clients through the entire claims process;
- Perform construction stage final inspections, issue and track completion of final items;
- Conduct pre delivery warranty walk throughs with clients;
- Review and investigate warranty submissions, accept or reject claims by assessing warranty coverage limits, address any issues and settle disputes relating to the warranty process;
- Act as liaison between homeowners and subcontractors to schedule service and follow-up, collect data from technicians and track materials;
- Review and understand project systems to be able to perform demonstrations or diagnose problems;
- Make suggestions to provide customer satisfaction and enhance customer experience;
- Produce weekly status reports upon final walk lists tracking completion and outstanding items lists;
- Ensure all warranty work is completed in accordance with the established quality standards, deadlines and procedures;
- Rectify minor deficiencies, when possible, to expedite completion and client satisfaction;
- All other duties, as assigned.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum three years experience in the residential construction industry;
- Advanced knowledge of construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, procedures, scheduling and cost control;
- General knowledge of residential and multi family building industry, knowledge of contractor codes, ability to explain warranty coverage clearly and to use general building tools/equipment;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of products;
- Ability to diagnose construction issues and find resolution.
Extras we like to see:
- Completion of the BCIT “BC Building Code: Multi Unit and Small Buildings” course is an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in a Quality Control/Warranty position is preferred;
- Working towards achieving Building Inspection Certification is preferred;
- Familiarity with Fieldwire or other construction management software is an asset;
Is this the right role for you?
- You have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments;
- You have great organizational skills to track multiple warranty claims using computerized tracking program and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people;
- You have strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients;
- You are a strong team player and have the ability to manage change;
- You are willing to travel.
What do we offer you?
Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. We want to offer an opportunity to someone who is passionate not only about building quality apartment buildings, but a chance to build communities that make a lasting impact. We provide a competitive salary based on experience in addition to the below:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development opportunities
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.