Connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Instagram
We don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing enterprise is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
At WestUrban we welcome energized people from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us all stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
We are currently seeking Vinyl Decking & Aluminum Railing Installers. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you are probably a great fit for our team!
What you will be doing:
- Installing vinyl decking and aluminum railings for our multi-family apartment buildings.
What we can offer you on the job:
- Tools can be supplied;
- Transportation for remote jobs is provided;
- LOA is also provided;
- If experienced, piece work is an option;
- Training on the job is provided.
What you need to bring:
- Basic carpentry tool knowledge;
- Ability to use physical exertion that includes ability to lift 50lbs repetitively;
- knowledge of building materials and installation methods;
- familiarity with all tools associated with installation;
- familiarity in building decks (footings, framing, decking, railings and stairs).
Extras we like to see:
- Experience in sheet flooring and heat welding is an asset.
Is this the right role for you?
- You are willing to work out of town for 2 – 4 weeks at a time, with a 6 day work week 8-10hrs/day;
- Ideally three weeks on, one week off schedule, but can be flexible;
- You are hard working and have an eye for quality in your finished product;
- You take safety seriously and are mindful of your surroundings;
- You demonstrate a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Vinyl Decking & Aluminum Railing Installers Application”.
What do we offer you?
We offer a fast-paced culture, where we also make time for fun! You will be working on projects that shape communities and provide much needed housing. Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. In addition to your competitive salary starting at $24.00/hr-$40.00/hr (negotiable based on your experience), we also offer the following perks:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.