Skilled Labourer – Victoria, BC
WestUrban Developments Ltd. is a vibrant, fast-growing real estate development company, based out of Campbell River, BC. We value people, relationship, innovation and culture. Our core business is multi-family apartments & townhomes. We’re doing construction differently and we’re thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you are looking for a company where you can have opportunities to grow and be challenged, then come and join us!
We are currently accepting applications for Skilled Construction Labourers for our site in Victoria, BC. The ideal candidate is hard working and is capable or working with minimal oversight, safely and efficiently.
What you will be doing:
- Performing a range of construction related tasks as assigned;
- Operating machinery on site;
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials;
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems;
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings and hardware;
- Assisting in labour activities, providing guidance to general labourers on site and ensuring quality control;
- Assisting with materials management and distribution;
- Assisting subtrades when needed and as required.
What you need to bring:
- Previous carpentry and construction experience is required;
- Carpentry Apprentice OR Red Seal Ticketed Carpenter is an asset;
- Zoom boom certificate is an asset;
- Equipment operator experience is preferred;
- You must be able to use physical exertion that includes lifting, carrying, climbing ladders and moving materials;
- Previous experience working with multi-family framing and concrete is an asset;
- Valid First Aid certification is an asset, level 2 preferred;
- Must be able to get to and from site;
- A current tele-handler (zoom boom) ticket and fall protection certification are assets;
- Takes safety seriously and is mindful of surroundings;
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- Desire to search out opportunities to learn new things;
- Considers quality and accomplishes tasks with an eye on the finished product;
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at email@example.com and use the subject line “Skilled Labourer – Victoria”.
What do we offer you?
We offer a fast-paced culture, where we also make time for fun! You will be working on projects that shape communities and provide much needed housing. Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. In addition to your competitive salary starting at $26 – $32 per hour (negotiable based on your experience), we also offer the following perks:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development and Apprenticeship program
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.