WestUrban Developments Ltd. is a vibrant, fast-growing real estate development company based on Vancouver Island. Our team has over 30 years expertise in construction management, customized development and development planning in Western Canada. We believe that positive relationships are the cornerstone for success, and we strive to build strong teams built on respect, integrity, and safety. Our entrepreneurial culture encourages and empowers our teams to create innovative solutions to overcome challenges. We have made significant investments into our business over the last few years setting the stage for a major expansion in 2023 and beyond. Come join us at this exciting time and be part of something incredible!
We are looking for an experienced Construction Superintendent to manage our large multi-family residential project in Maple Ridge, BC. WestUrban Developments operates on a fast paced, lean construction model. Under the general direction of the Construction Manager, the Superintendent oversees the entire construction process, on site, from preconstruction planning to completion. You will be responsible to create and maintain project momentum while overseeing all scheduling, quality control, safety, staff and sub-contractor relationship management. The Superintendent is an important part of the WestUrban project team, responsible to support overall project requirements, while leading people as effectively as you lead construction activities. If WestUrban Developments sounds like a place you would like to grow your career, we offer an opportunity for driven and skilled individuals to grow and thrive in the competitive construction environment.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and manage the construction site and team from initiation to hand over on project completion;
- Multisite management when required;
- Understand and provide expertise in all aspects of the construction process. Civil, Concrete, Framing, Building Systems (Fire Protection, HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical), Finishing, Inspections, and close-out;
- Develop a thorough understanding of plans and specifications, work schedules, delivery targets and procedures related to change orders, claims and costing;
- Prepare Estimates and shop drawings as required;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with site staff, sub-trades, consultants, engineers and regional authorities, while maintaining a strong presence and involvement in all site activities;
- Assist the Project Manager and Construction Manager in developing and maintaining the construction schedule and site management plan, documents and reporting. Provide weekly schedule updates in order to maintain production with-in budget;
- Establish and maintain quality control measures;
- Manage relationships with all sub-contractors, identify any scope of work issues and implement measures to proactively address emerging quality issues.;
- Collaborate with Project Manager to manage all required municipal, provincial and consultant inspections;
- Collaborate and Work with Construction Manger to streamline and follow WestUrban’s construction processes;
- Monitor safety performance, and oversee compliance with WorkSafeBC and BC Workplace Safety standards;
- Manage staffing levels and order materials and equipment to maintain project schedule and productivity.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of 10 years construction Superintendent experience with 5 years of staff supervisory experience;
- Construction or Carpentry Technical Diploma, Trade Certification and/or equivalent training or experience;
- Trade background with progressive experience in general contracting;
- An advanced understanding of the BC Building Code;
- Advanced knowledge of construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, procedures, scheduling and cost control;
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, people management, project execution, cost control, quality, and administration;
- Previous experience with shoring is an asset;
- Previous experience working in a multi-family residential construction environment is an asset;
- Proven experience managing projects according to plan, schedule and budget;
- Valid First Aid certification is an asset, level 2 preferred;
- A valid driver’s license is required;
- Considers quality and accomplishes tasks with an eye on the finished product;
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Site Superintendent – Maple Ridge”.
What do we offer you?
We offer a fast-paced culture, where we also make time for fun! You will be working on projects that shape communities and provide much needed housing. Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. In addition to your competitive salary starting at $100,000 – $125,000 per year (negotiable based on your experience), we also offer the following perks:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development and Apprenticeship program
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.