Connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Instagram
At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
We welcome driven and skilled individuals from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
We are currently accepting applications for a Project Administrator to join our operations team in Campbell River. The Project Administrator works closely with members of the Operations team to implement a standardized approach for all project documentation and reporting, maintaining related filing systems. This position reports to the Director Rental Products and provides support to both the Rental and Market product departments. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply!
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the Project Managers to ensure consistency for all project related filing systems;
- Perform a range of administrative duties through all phases of projects, from start-up to close-out;
- Ensure files and documents are prepared and logged with a high level of accuracy and within required timeframes;
- Maintain accurate project information including overall work plans and schedules;
- Assembles and prepares documents of a complex nature, i.e. RFIs and Submissions;
- Assists with preparing Purchase Orders, Recommendations of Awards and Change Orders;
- Obtains and assembles project close-out documentation, including drawings, manuals, warranties, and permits;
- Monitors and maintains tracking tools to provide effective reporting of projects for Directors;
- Ensures project budgets and schedules are up-to-date, and follow up with Project Coordinators and Project Managers to resolve discrepancies;
- Effectively and accurately communicates discrepancies in project reports with Project Managers;
- Creates, maintains, and ensures the use of Company standard operating procedures and templates;
- Prepares emails and correspondence on behalf of Project Managers.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in Document Control or Project Administration;
- A University Degree/Technology Diploma in Construction Project Management, Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use planning & time management tools to meet strict deadlines.
Extras we like to see:
- Previous experience in the construction industry with an understanding of the phases of construction, project start up through to completion, is an asset.
Is this the right role for you?
- You pay close attention to detail and have a high degree of accuracy;
- You demonstrate a high degree of personal leadership and accountability;
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to adapt to change;
- You have the ability to adapt and demonstrate resiliency in response to changing work demands;
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment;
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at email@example.com and use the subject line “Project Administrator”.
What do we offer you?
Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. We want to offer an opportunity to someone who is passionate not only about building quality apartment buildings, but a chance to build communities that make a lasting impact. We provide a competitive salary based on experience in addition to the below:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further
consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.