WestUrban Developments Ltd. is a vibrant, fast-growing real estate development company based on Vancouver Island. Our team has over 30 years expertise in construction management, customized development and development planning in Western Canada. We believe that positive relationships are the cornerstone for success, and we strive to build strong teams built on respect, integrity, and safety. Our entrepreneurial culture encourages and empowers our teams to create innovative solutions to overcome challenges. We have made significant investments into our business over the last few years setting the stage for a major expansion in 2023 and beyond. Come join us at this exciting time and be part of something incredible!
If this sounds like the place where you would like to grow your career, we are currently seeking a motivated, full-time lead for Project Administration to join our Operations team. The Project Administration Supervisor will use their expertise to provide support to the Project Management and Operations teams, through reporting, scheduling, cost controls, and contract management. This role will help to create alignment of company systems and processes, collaborating to implement a standardized approach for all project documentation, reporting and contracts administration. This position reports to the Director of Operations and provides support to multiple departments throughout the lifecycle of a project, as well as providing day to day guidance to the Project Administrators.
- Collaborates with directors and various department leads to proactively improve project reporting, processes, and contracts administration with a continuous improvement mindset;
- Assists in the development of reporting to enhance project operational understanding of requirements, in support of project success;
- Experienced overseeing a team providing day-to-day support and guidance around priorities;
- Supports Project Managers in administering the subconsultant and third-party contracts management process, by assisting with the review and processing of invoices, progress claims, documents and inquiries;
- Works collaboratively to continuously improve practices, processes, and procedures by thinking creatively and strategically, enhancing project efficiency;
- Understands contract agreements and provides support for contract adherence;
- Coordinates and partners with the Estimating and Finance departments for budget alignment and operational feedback:
- Compiles, reviews, analyzes, and presents large quantities of data via progress monitoring tools;
- Tracks and updates project budgets, costs, change orders, and trends; as well as project progress and performance;
- Assembles and prepares files and documents of a complex nature (i.e. RFIs and Submittals), ensuring they are prepared and logged with a high level of accuracy and within required timeframes;
- Maintains accurate project information including overall work plans and schedules;
- Performs additional tasks as may be required.
- 5 years of progressive and relevant experience in Document Control or Project Administration/Coordination, with experience supporting multiple programs and/or projects at a time, in a complex multi-project environment is required;
- Previous experience in the construction industry with an understanding of the phases of construction, project start up through to completion, is an asset;
- Post secondary degree or diploma in business administration, project management or related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Ability to work under pressure with limited direction. Thriving in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong customer service focus with advanced interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail, with proven skills in organization and administration;
- Excellent oral and written communications, including the ability to communicate with others with tact and diplomacy;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and proficient in other MS Office tools (Word/Outlook/PowerPoint);
- Ability to identify problems/issues and to generate solutions and make sound decisions, using standard procedures;
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal leadership and accountability;
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use planning & time management tools to meet strict deadlines.
We provide a competitive salary ($65,000.00/year – $80,000.00/year – Depending on Experience) and benefits package for the right candidate If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Administration Supervisor” in the subject line.
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.