At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
We welcome driven and skilled individuals from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
We are currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Office Administrator to join our Property Management team in Courtenay, BC. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in an office environment (preferably as a receptionist), able to multi-task, computer literate, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with minimum supervision. This position is required to work a minimum of 4 hours a day, and is a part-time, permanent opportunity. The ideal candidate would have a flexible schedule. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply!
What you will be doing:
- Read and respond to all incoming emails from current tenants & potential applicants in a professional and timely manner;
- Greet and attend to all guests, visitors and tenants entering the office and assist them with general concerns and inquiries with a focus on providing an exceptional customer service experience;
- Answer all incoming calls from potential applicants and leasing tenants, assisting with inquiries as well as re-directing calls as necessary;
- Maintain building access control systems;
- Ensure tenant files are kept in good order and are up-to-date;
- Coordinate, receive, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries;
- General office housekeeping and supply management tasks such as maintaining and managing office equipment & stationary orders for each new building;
- Assist the Project Managers by emailing and sending them the requested documents needed when they are on site;
- Provide additional assistance to office staff and take on cross-functional duties as required or requested;
- Expected hours: No less than 20 per week.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 2 years working in an administrative role and office environment;
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision;
- The ability to multi-task and adapt based on changing situations;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills;
- Comfortable working with technology and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization;
- Initiative, teamwork and communication skills;
- Friendly and positive personality;
- Strong office skills, comfort with new software and experience with answering the phone;
- Demonstrated experience with handling confidential information.
Extras we like to see:
- Post secondary education in business administration, accounting and/or payroll is an asset;
- A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
Is this the right role for you?
- You are a self-motivated professional with a high level of initiative, a sense of urgency, and have the proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- You have a flexible working schedule, willing to work a minimum of four hours per day and open to taking on more hours when needed;
- You have a high level of attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at email@example.com and use the subject line “Part-time Office Administrator”.
What do we offer you?
Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. We want to offer an opportunity to someone who is passionate not only about building quality apartment buildings, but a chance to build communities that make a lasting impact. We provide a competitive salary of $20.00 – $25.00 per hour based on experience in addition to the below:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development opportunities
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.