Lead Hand – Nanaimo, BC
We don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
We are currently accepting applications for a Lead Hand for our site in Nanaimo, BC. The ideal candidate is a hard worker who is capable or working with minimal oversight, safely and efficiently. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you are probably a great fit for our team!
- Performing a range of construction related tasks as assigned and to address scope gaps;
- Assisting in labour activities, providing guidance to general labour and ensuring quality control;
- Assisting with materials management and distribution;
- Assisting with providing elevations and layout for subtrades as required;
- Assisting subtrades when needed and as required.
- Previous carpentry and construction experience;
- Ability to use physical exertion that includes lifting, carrying, climbing ladders and moving materials;
- Desire to search out opportunities to learn new things;
- Considers quality and accomplishes tasks with an eye on the finished product;
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.