At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
Thinking about a change?
We welcome driven and skilled individuals from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
We are currently seeking a Development Coordinator to join our Development team. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Director of Development with various multi-family and mixed-use development projects. This position may be based out of our Nanaimo or Campbell River office locations.
- Providing support to the Development team to assist with various projects and assignments;
- Supporting the Director(s) in the preparation of development and permit submissions not limited to drafting cover letters, calculating fees, following up with consultants and compiling submission packages using municipal format standards;
- Assisting with review of development materials, including reports, studies, and drawings (architectural, landscape, civil) during design development and the approvals process;
- Conducting research to support due diligence and development activity which may include studying surrounding development approvals, City Staff Reports and other miscellaneous research projects as needed;
- Preparing correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, power-point presentations and reports frequently of a confidential, strategic, and/or specialized nature, including presentations to community members, Municipal Councils, the Committee of Adjustment, and others;
- Attending internal and external project meetings, take minutes, and distribution;
- Coordinating meeting times, preparing agendas/documents, and following up on the action items from the meeting minutes;
- Assisting with project tracking and achievement of key project milestones;
- Assisting with RFP and review of fee proposals, review incoming invoices for accuracy and completeness and general project finance tracking;
- Supporting the Development team in reviewing and commenting on emerging government development related policy;
- Attending relevant Council meetings and development application meetings, reporting back on relevant activity;
- Other duties as required to facilitate the role.
- University Degree in Urban Planning/Architecture or a related degree;
- Preference to individuals with experience in the development/municipal approval field;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Sketchup, Bluebeam, CAD, Adobe Creative, Microsoft is considered an asset;
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Uses clear, concise, and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and staff.
Want to Apply?
Please email our HR team at email@example.com and use the subject line “Development Coordinator”.
What do we offer you?
Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. We want to offer an opportunity to someone who is passionate not only about building quality apartment buildings, but a chance to build communities that make a lasting impact. We provide a competitive salary of $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year based on experience in addition to the below:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development opportunities
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.