At WestUrban, we don’t just build homes, we build communities through our expertise in construction management, customized development, and development planning across Western Canada. Our rapidly growing company is built on a foundation of strong relationships, extending to employee, clients, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. We believe that investing in people is the cornerstone of our success. We build dynamic teams powered by respect, integrity, and experience. This mission empowers us to find innovative solutions, and to develop leading-edge concepts that enhance and support growing communities.
In case you’re curious, here’s what we’ve been up to! Projects
Thinking about a change?
At WestUrban we welcome energized people from all backgrounds, as we recognize that having diverse perspectives, makes us all stronger. We support our employees and want to see them succeed. We believe growing from within is the best solution to build healthy teams.
If you have a growth mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you are probably a great fit for our team!
What you will be doing:
- Preparation and construction of various building components including floors, walls, and roof;
- Work with a variety of hand tool, power tools and equipment used in construction.
- Assisting in labour activities, providing guidance to general labour and ensuring quality control;
- Assisting with materials management and distribution;
- Assisting subtrades when needed and as required.
What you need to bring:
- Previous carpentry and construction experience;
- Ability to use physical exertion that includes lifting, carrying, climbing ladders and moving materials;
- Desire to search out opportunities to learn new things;
- Considers quality and accomplishes tasks with an eye on the finished product;
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
Extras we like to see:
- 3rd / 4th Year apprentice OR Red Seal Ticketed Carpenter
- Experience working with multi-family residential framing and concrete formwork;
- A valid First Aid certification, level 2 is even better;
- Ability to operate equipment (such as a bobcat or telehandler ticket);
- A valid driver’s license;
Is this the right role for you?
- You like carpentry and have a strong interest in learning to building quality apartment buildings;
- You are hard working and have an eye for quality in your finished product;
- You take safety seriously and are mindful of your surroundings;
- You demonstrate a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment;
- You are willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
- You enjoy working in the open air in the sunshine or rain.
What do we offer you?
We offer a fast-paced culture, where we also make time for fun! You will be working on projects that shape communities and provide much needed housing. Finding and keeping the right people is very important to us. In addition to your competitive salary starting at $$/hr (negotiable based on your experience), we also offer the following perks:
- Health and Dental plan with Life and Disability Insurance
- A generous annual profit-sharing program
- Service recognition and Wellness programs
- Career development and Apprenticeship program
- Fun Company events
We are committed to the principles of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.